VAT Relief for UK residents
You can claim the VAT back on your wig purchase (currently at 20%) if you have Alopecia, are receiving chemotherapy, are chronically ill or have any other disabling condition and you are a resident of the United Kingdom. It does not matter how many wigs you purchase, you still have the right to claim back the VAT on each wig you buy, if you are not using an NHS prescription.
If you have any questions you can get advice on the HMRC website or by phone at 0300 123 1073 Option 1.
Claim Your VAT Exemption Online Instantly
1. Select the product or products you want to purchase and proceed to checkout.
2. Click on the link "Got A Discount Code?"
3. Input code VAT.
4. Once your purchase has been confirmed, email the following details to us at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Your Full Name (must match the name on the order)
- Date of Birth
- What condition you are claiming VAT exemption for
PLEASE NOTE: BY USING THIS SERVICE, YOU STATE THAT YOU ARE MAKING A TRUTHFUL CLAIM.
*VAT exception is ONLY available for residents of the United Kingdom. At the time of writing there is currently NO EXEMPTION for other hair care items such as head scarves, hats and other necessity items, as well as hair extensions and other hairpieces.